Designing a baby girl nursery can be a challenging task for parents as browsing ideas can leave you overwhelmed with various options. Do you want to create a serene and calm space but also mind the functional aspect? These baby girl room ideas and designer tips will help you find the right design solutions.
Baby Girl Nursery Themes
While baby girl nursery ideas often feature soft pink colors, you don’t necessarily have to stick to it. You can also style your baby’s room in white, green or neural gray colors or add jungle themed wallpapers and terracotta accents. Scroll down for handy tips and ideas!
1. Baby Changing Table. The functionality of a changing table and a dresser is merged into one for maximum efficiency. The nicely curated corner keeps the supplies within arm’s reach, making it easy for new moms to keep up with their everyday tasks. The woven details add a touch of warmth, enhancing the nursery design.
2. Neutral Nursery. A girl’s room doesn’t have to be pink. The soft color scheme and gorgeous little details create the perfect balance, and the outcome is an inviting space. The cute wall art adds a touch of visual interest to the neutral space, matching the aesthetics to perfection.
3. Boho-Inspired Baby Room. If you love relaxed decorating styles, the baby girl’s room can match the rest of the home for cohesiveness. The baby’s nursery is a warm and inviting space with an authentic Boho charm. The wall decals strengthen the theme, while the muted colors bring a chic vibe.
4. Girls Nursery with Organic Vibe. The select mix of natural textures brings an organic vibe to this bright nursery. The wicker crib is a gorgeous addition to the simple design, providing a comfy place for your daughter. The jute rug anchors the modern setting, bringing a decorative touch to this neutral girl’s nursery.
5. Floral Nursery Idea. The floral baby girl room makes a significant impact with the bold design. The gorgeous accent wall makes a remarkable statement, featuring a combination of board and batten and modern floral wallpaper. The floral accents are harmoniously distributed through the space for cohesiveness.
6. Cute Nursery Reading Nook. Let this nicely curated reading nook provide inspiration for your project. We love how they keep the decor within the muted color scheme while introducing vibrance. Feel free to display toys and plush animals to enhance the fairy tale collection.
7. Timeless Nursery Design. If you want to try something different than traditional pink designs, feel free to experiment with patterns and textures. The black and white wallpaper is a subtle way to make a statement in a little girl’s room. The wicker details add a touch of warmth to create balance.
8. Baby Room Canopy. This nursery features minimalist vibes with its streamlined aesthetic. However, the sheer canopy is a simple detail that brings elegance to this nursery design.
9. Small Nursery Ideas. Even if the nursery is small, you can still personalize it with adorable details. The cute teddy area rug adds a decorative touch, complementing the cute wicker details. The floating shelf provides plenty of storage space for keeping the essentials tidy and neat.
10. Modern Nursery Idea. If you prefer the modern approach when browsing baby girl nursery ideas, this design will exceed your expectations. The soft neutrals create a serene atmosphere, while the patterned carpet makes a subtle visual statement. The neutral wall decals complement the theme, adding a finishing touch to this setting.
11. Scandinavian Nursery. The Scandinavian approach to decorating nurseries features a curated palette of white and cream shades. The decor emphasized the practical aspect, providing storage for the basics. The round mirror anchors the simple changing table design while making the nursery feel roomy and bright.
12. Serene Baby’s Room. The gorgeous color palette makes the nursery feel calm and relaxing. We love how they styled the dresser to fit the vibe while minding the functional aspect. The result is a curated corner, where you will keep your baby’s first clothes and accessories. Feel free to customize the nursery with adorable affirmations and messages to spread positivity.
13. Kid’s Room and Nursery. The small room features a baby crib and a cute Montessori bed for the sibling. While the design is pretty straightforward, the cute details are the ones that tie the space together. The customized prints add personality to the nursery, and the vintage dresser completes the look. The canopies make the room feel expensive, and the string lights illuminate the sheer fabric for a whimsical effect.
14. Mauve Nursery. Sophisticated nursery designs are rising in popularity. You don’t need to commit to a particular theme here. Instead, keep the colors consistent. Mauve is the perfect choice for your nursery if you want to try something different but still keep within the feminine color scheme. The rich tone adds a dash of whimsicality, and the stenciled pattern makes the space look more playful.
15. Animal Theme Nursery. Committing to a girl theme means that you might have to change it in the future. If you want to go for a gender-neutral theme, the safari-inspired nursery is the right choice. The best thing is that you won’t have to remodel the room when baby number two arrives. The animal theme appeal to boys and girls, so you will get to save tons of money. The stunning wallpaper is a bold focal point that makes the nursery feel cheerful. The plush animals strengthen the theme, and the cozy swing chair provides a comfortable spot for nursing.
16. Warm Color Palette. The carefully chosen combination of earthy tones makes the nursery feel cozy and inviting. Rusty red and orange hues add a touch of warmth, enhancing this nursery design with the wall mural.
17. Bold Nursery Design. The well-designed room features a balanced mix between elegance and boldness. The furniture is relatively neutral, while the wallpaper makes a daring statement. The gorgeous window bench provides a cozy spot for enjoying with your little one while being an attractive design feature that elevates the style.
18. Play Area. The adorable tent and lots of fluffy throw pillows create a cozy corner. Don’t forget to include toy storage options to keep everything tidy.
19. Convenient Floor Plan. No matter how small or big the room is, it would be best if you designated different zones. You can visually divide the space into the sleeping zone, play area, and nursing spot. The crib and changing station in this nursery are visually divided while still keeping the functionality. In addition, make sure that the room is ideal for supporting your baby’s sleeping schedule.
20. Fully Stocked Changing Station. Having all necessities in one place will make the changing process more straightforward. The rattan shelves look charming enough to become part of the nursery design while also contributing to functionality. Add a changing pad on top and stock up with diapers, rash cream, diaper pail, wet wipes, and other bare essentials. With this, you have created an appealing setting that matches the room style.
21. Curated Kid’s Bookshelf. A kid’s bookshelf is a smart way to display fairy tales while adding a decorative touch to the baby’s room. The wall-mounted vertical bookshelf allows the covers to be on display, making a positive statement and encouraging your baby girl’s love of reading.
22. Paper Butterflies and Wall Decals. Every parent wants to create a lovely room for their baby girl. However, keep in mind that the design should be flexible enough to grow with your little one. The chosen design features should be timeless, while you are free to use decorative elements to customize the room. The floor-to-ceiling curtains and recessed lighting are versatile enough to fit any style. On the other hand, a spring tree decor and the gorgeous paper butterflies bring cheerful vibes to this nursery. When your baby girl is all grown up, you can remove the details and start decorating from scratch.
23. Forest Themed Nursery. A forest-themed nursery is a calm and soothing space with plenty of neutral details to strengthen the theme. Green is the dominant color, as it promotes tranquility and serenity. We love how they kept the design playful with the combination of forest wallpaper and sage green paint. The wooden ladder is an adorable decorative detail while providing storage to keep the blankets tidy.
24. Retro Nursery. Your parents might have kept your baby crib as a precious memory. Or, you might have come across an impressive thrift store find. When you have a retro furniture piece, let it become the spotlight and center the design around it. The patterned wallpaper and a natural taupe wall create a visual balance without stealing the attention from this gorgeous piece.
25. Cute Clothes Hanger. The adorable hanger is an excellent wall decor idea. The small shelf is perfect for displaying toys while letting you have clothes for changing handy.
26. Jungle Theme. Incorporating a jungle theme is very easy, as all you need to do is add a whimsical wallpaper. Keep the other elements neutral to let the walls stand out.
27. Attic Nursery. Even though the attic is small, you can turn it into a cozy nursery. Paint the walls in a light color to make the space feel roomy and airy, and add a clothes hanger stand for extra storage.
28. Navy Blue Crib. Navy blue color seems to be quite an unexpected choice for a baby girl crib. However, it will make a stunning visual statement when contrasted with the wallpaper and burnt orange textile.
29. DIY Changing Table. The design proves that you don’t need to spend money on expensive changing tables. You can add a changing pad on top of a regular dresser and later use the same furniture when your little girl grows up.
30. Details. A soft carpet is a brilliant addition since it prevents unwanted noise. Also, thick drapes will block the natural light and provide ideal sleeping conditions for your baby girl.
31. Whimsical Playroom. A dreamy play area will complement the baby room design and add vibrance. It isn’t there for pure aesthetic only, but also for creating a solid bond between the baby and the big brother or sister. The mom can nurse her baby while easily monitoring the other kid in the play area.
32. Aesthetic Toys. When adding decorative finishes to the room, choose toys that are good for play and display. The aesthetic wooden toys will fit the theme better than the plastic ones.
33. Calming Wall Mural. The mural is the main focal point of this nursery while being calm enough to bring serenity. They kept the furnishings neutral in case they want to update the room anytime soon.
34. Bold Accent. While the room with white paint on the walls and white furniture is super neutral, the rusty orange canopy makes a statement. The pampas grass and a potted plant bring freshness to the space.
35. Add Plants. House plants reduce stress and purify the air, making them an excellent addition to your nursery. A tall plant will add a natural touch and introduce a pop of color.
36. Entertainment Corner. As your baby girl grows, she will be eager to explore the surroundings. Therefore, make sure to provide plenty of entertainment options that engage all senses.
37. Mix of Grays. Although gray is considered a dull color, it doesn’t have to be that way. The minimalist design features a curated combination of gray tones to break down the monotony.
38. Relaxed Style. The nursery should harmonize with the rest of the living space. Therefore, feel free to bring decorative elements from the others rooms for a cohesive feel.
39. Unicorn Theme. If you are after a trending theme for your baby girl’s nursery, this is one of the current favorites. Add lots of unicorn plushies to strengthen the theme. Rising the older sister’s bed to style a cozy nook for girls to play will maximize the use of space in the baby girl’s room.
40. Baby Rocking Chair. The rocking chair perfectly fits the minimalist vibe of this nursery. In addition, it provides a soothing spot for calming your little one.
Whether you are a first-time parent or you have a baby announcement to your older ones, styling a perfect space to nurse your little beauty is an important step to enjoying every minute of parenting. We hope these baby girl nursery ideas have been a good source of inspiration!