We have rounded up 35 of the best modern farmhouse decor ideas. Are you looking for a family nest or cave for solitude? Choose the one that suits you the most. Make decisions based on the general appearance of the building and the layout. Take into account all the nuances and wishes regarding functionality. Decorate your farmhouse in such a way that you have the warmest memories and the desire to spend the best moments there.
1. Country Kitchen With Farmhouse Decor. The use of white and glossy tiles in a farmhouse kitchen visually expands the space. In addition, it gives a feeling of freshness and cleanliness. Wooden chairs and flower pots hint at a union with nature.
Just imagine yourself sitting at this table, drinking morning coffee, turning the page of your favorite book, and enjoying the silence.
2. Open-Plan Apartment. The interior of a farmhouse should be as comfortable and cozy as possible. Allow all the residents to take a break from the city noise and work routine. Create maximum unity with nature – destroy the wall that separates you from grass, trees, and birdsong.
Take a creative approach to making a voluminous space. Use furniture made of raw materials, and add more natural light.
3. Rustic Farmhouse Decor Ideas. This wooden house will appeal to fans of rustic style. As soon as you sign the title deeds, start thinking about the design of your farmhouse. Keep in mind that the rustic style does not use anything modern or anything that looks so.
Wallpaper with floral motifs, decorative plaster or stone, imitation of a wooden beam, natural colors, a fireplace, old or outdated furniture, linen curtains, and painted dishes will adorn your lovely home beautifully.
4. Add Wooden Elements. A chalet style is suitable for a farmhouse. It is well known for its minimal finishes, wooden floors, and beamed ceilings. Remember to hide household appliances in the kitchen cabinets to preserve the atmosphere of antiquity.
5. Storage Nook. Life in the countryside has special conditions, including weather. If you often go to the woods, picking mushrooms, for example, you should make a separate entrance. Let it be a non-sterile area where you can change shoes and store things that are needed only outside.
6. Pay Attention To Details And Materials. Maintain harmony between the interior and exterior of your country house. A wooden log cabin with traditional elements is unlikely to fit the high-tech style. But that doesn’t mean you don’t have a choice.
For the overall design, it is best to choose one style and stick to a specific color scheme. The same applies to the furniture. Consider the importance of lighting and decorative elements. Choose high-quality and durable finishing materials. And enjoy your stylish interior!
7. Incorporate Modern Furniture. The Scandinavian style is characterized by a minimum of decor and high-quality natural materials. These are modern solutions in design. In addition to white walls and wooden decorations, there can be some bright accents in the interior. But not too bright. Everything in moderation is the general rule.
8. Greenery Is New Passion. You do not need decor if you have flowers. They are better than souvenirs and vases. Pots with plants are ideal for any interior. At the same time, in combination with wood, they create a win-win duet.
9. External Metal Structures. A farmhouse implies a desire to be closer to nature. To be even closer, make a sunroom. The metal construction with glass creates a feeling of direct presence in the middle of the lawn. In addition, the weather conditions can not scare you, because you will be inside.
Arrange chairs and a sofa to relax with family or friends while watching the trees and listening to the birdsongs.
10. Discover Nature. Wood and stone are a perfect combination created by nature. So there is no need to come up with anything new. Just use what you already have. Add one more element – fire. Now cold evenings by the fireplace will become not only warmer but also cozier.
11. Collected Rustic Elements. Search for a perfect corner in your house to transform it into a rustic space. Do not forget about the preferences of the owners of the farmhouse. Make it a highlight of the interior. For example, if you like interesting plates, and you have already collected enough of them.
12. Storage Place For Your Harvest. If you love gardening, you need a place to store your crops. And even if you buy groceries in a shop, it’s still worth figuring out where to keep everything. Pay attention to special metal or wicker baskets. They do not clog, so vegetables and fruits do not spoil quickly.
13. Barn Wood In Farmhouse Decor. You can never have too much wood. Floor, beams, and a large dining table, behind which there is a place for the whole family and friends. Do not shy away from old furniture that can be restored. It will only create a special atmosphere in your home.
14. Wooden Door In Bathroom Design. Barn doors can also be used in other interiors. The secret is revealed! The design of these ones allows you to install them yourself. If you don’t need complete soundproofing, then consider this option.
15. Rustic Kitchen Design. Browse through old magazines and photos and videos from past decades and centuries. Perhaps this is where the inspiration for decorating your farmhouse lies. As one says, everything new is the forgotten old.
16. Blue Color In Country Decor. When decorating a farmhouse, choose a few basic shades. However, keep in mind that only one color should prevail. Give preference to neutral, calm tones. Use bright colors as accents.
An interesting way of the original decoration is a combination of smooth and embossed surfaces with different textures. It looks contrasting and inviting. In the photo, we see how wooden and stone surfaces are combined.
17. Touch Of Past. Rustic style can be implemented by adding antique items to the modern interior. Visit a flea market – the content of some stores may surprise you!
18. Plants As Focal Point. Farmhouse decor ideas can be very simple. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t cool. Plants are always a good choice! They make the room more lively and attractive.
19. Use Paired Textiles. Pay attention to textiles when using rustic style in the farmhouse decor ideas. Opt for solid plain linen and pair it with patterned sheets, throw pillows, and a fluffy rug.
20. Wood As Element Of Decor. The decor of a country house implies a certain style. The oatmeal-cream tones combined with the texture of the wood keep the themed look.
21. Limited Elements Shape Room’s Style. By browsing the website of a vintage shop, you can find real treasures. And renovate them, of course. Just one unique thing from the last century can become a bright decorative element of your room.
22. Find Perfect Armchair. In today’s world, it is not so often necessary to leave the house as almost everything can be found online. Buy the perfect armchair for reading, drinking wine, and watching TV shows to make your evenings delightful.
23. Unusual Option For Farmhouse Decor. In country houses, it is better not to clutter up the space with numerous pieces of furniture. The trend of minimalism is also relevant here. For a small space, choose multifunctional furniture. And why not combine the bathroom and the bedroom?
24. Rustic Style Can Impress. Today, the most popular trends in the rustic interior design of a farmhouse are light shades, natural materials, and ethnic motifs. Stick to them to make your home cozy and stylish.
25. Join Collected Pieces In One Line. Create an area for your collection. It also applies to books, music records, souvenirs, etc. You can supplement your collection from time to time by buying new pieces.
26. Stereotypical Country Style. Make the fireplace a must-have element of your rustic house. Let it take center stage in the living room. Add decor using wool, leather, or fur. You can opt for candles for lighting.
27. Farmhouse Handmade Decor. Check out this cozy rustic atmosphere with Provence style attributes — natural materials, floral motifs, woven elements, vases, porcelain, baskets, etc. Arrange all the decor in one line and enjoy the aesthetics!
28. Use Leftover Materials. A small piece of colored wallpaper left over from a previous renovation can become a bright accent in a new interior. Do you want to lay out the floor from different tiles? Go for it! Use leftover paint on small surfaces.
29. Indoor And Outdoor Greenery. Consider the fact that the view from the window can change the overall look of the room. So you can match both sides of your farmhouse to make it gorgeous.
30. Make Your Room Cozy. An interesting option could be a recycled metal or wooden headboard. In general, choose soothing colors for the bedroom. Classic blankets with the addition of wool and linen bedding will decorate the room nicely.
31. Sleeping Room With Special Furniture. Shutters on the windows will prevent the sun from waking you up early in the morning. Instead of hooks, you can place a ladder, and instead of a bedside table — a chest.
32. Panoramic Windows In Farmhouse Decor Ideas. Panoramic windows can be the highlight of the room. Apart from its aesthetic appeal, it also provides plenty of natural light.
Never forget about lighting, and don’t choose lamps solely for their appearance. Pay attention to the atmosphere they create both during the day and in the evening.
33. Country Laundry Room You Need. The laundry and bathroom should have good ventilation and waterproofing. Everything else depends on your needs and wishes.
34. Incorporate Storage System. For all things that need a storage place, create a special area — a cell, dressing room, pantry, etc. As much as it looks like a marketing ploy, boxes and containers actually provide order.
35. Add More Textiles. The look of the bedroom can be diluted with textiles. Save natural light. Do not clutter windows with dark and massive curtains. It is better to use a bed with a canopy. Add layers with pillows, throws, and rugs.
Creating a modern farmhouse is easier than it might seem at first glance. The ideas in this article will help you transform a standard space into a unique one for cozy evenings and the sweetest mornings. So we wish you a successful home renovation!