A sunroom in private houses or villas is a decision you should make without hesitation. If your dwelling is located in the middle of a picturesque area, refusing to have one can be considered a crime. Do not deprive yourself of such pleasure and enjoyment! Check out photo examples of how a sunroom can improve the appearance of your home and leisure time.
Check out our list of exceptional sunroom ideas to get inspired!
1. Sunroom Ideas For Living Room. With such a living room, rain and wind will not spoil your mood! Excess sunlight is not a threat either. Feel free to invite guests, make tea or cocktails, get comfortable on the couch and start chatting. It’s also a nice reading nook reatreat. Put your feet up on the ottoman, cover yourself with a blanket and read an absorbing book for more enjoyment.
2. Glass Doors And Windows. If you stay at home for a long time, it may seem like the walls are closing in around you. But it is not always possible to go outside. So such a sunroom with large windows will be your salvation. There is no feeling of confinement in this space. You can contemplate nature and go about your business at the same time.
3. Place Plants That Love Sun. When decorating such a room with plants, consider the temperature and lighting. If your sunroom is constantly under direct rays, choose flowers that will not be harmed by them. In addition, do not forget about proper watering and care.
To make the place even cozier, put a coffee table with some upholstered chairs and armchairs. Choose a green pattern to breathe new life into this room. And enjoy your perfect resting spot!
4. Vintage Touches. Often, the sunroom is an extension of the main house. This particular one is located in the countryside. So the designer decided to decorate it in a vintage style to match the surroundings. Used furnishings made of natural materials will fit perfectly in such a space and will be pleasing to the eye all year round.
5. Sunroom As Part Of Backyard. Make the sunroom a logical transition between the house and the backyard. It is especially relevant if you have a pool, children’s slides, or trampoline in your yard. So you can watch what’s going on outside from the inside. Keep an eye on children and pets from the comfort of your home!
6. Sunroom Ideas For Green Thumb. A sunroom is sometimes called a garden conservatory or garden room. If you want to surround yourself with even more greenery, make an all-glass extension in the center of the yard. Feel free to plant various flowers and trees right around the house. And enjoy a breathtaking view from the windows!
7. Window Bench With Pillows. A soft window bench will be a lovely spot to read and spend time with family and friends. If you want more comfort, add drapery. Lots of pillows, carpets, bedspreads, blankets – the more, the better. Textiles are a faithful assistant in creating a proper atmosphere out of nothing.
8. Avoid Window Treatments. Window openings can be left blank to avoid direct sun rays and dust accumulation. Or make them so that they open as much as possible. Thus, you will be blown by the breeze, and all the smells and sounds of nature will contribute to relaxation.
9. Stone Fireplace. Imagine that you are sitting in the evening in front of the fireplace, logs are crackling, and pleasant fire warms and mesmerizes you. No mosquitoes or other insects, but you can still enjoy nature outside. All thanks to the wall of windows and fireplace in the sunroom!
10. Enclosed Patio. The only thing that can bother you on an open porch is bad weather. If your area is predominantly sunny and rain is a rare guest, feel free to have an outdoor patio. Choose a table and chairs designed for indoor-outdoor spaces. If the season and weather change, find a secluded place where you can rearrange your garden furniture.
11. Sunroom And Dining Area Combo. Having breakfast in the morning and watching the sun dry the dew and the flowers turn their petals toward the light is incredible. You can see this with your own eyes if you arrange the dining area in the sunroom. A recommendation for you – to protect yourself from flies and mosquitoes, consider mosquito nets or sliding shutters.
12. Add Extra Space. The good thing about the extension is that it can be easily created at any time, not just at the stage of general construction. Thus, if you suddenly realize there is not enough space for guests, feel free to add in a pergola or a sunroom with a long table and chairs for your feasts.
13. Floor Sofa. In the sunroom, slightly different rules apply. More precisely, it is a space where you can get rid of all the rules and do what you want. Don’t hesitate to lay a soft mattress on the entire floor to rest and watch the clouds float by. But the ceiling, of course, should be glass.
14. Cherish Your Interests. Given the fact that the sunroom is a rather remote area in the house, feel free to equip a special room for your hobby there. For example, wood floors are perfect for dancing. You can also place the piano so that others don’t hear too much noise during your practice. If you are into drawing, take care of proper lighting.
15. Indoor Hammock. What furniture is most associated with relaxation? In our humble opinion, it is definitely a hammock. There may still be a bar. Arrange the room so that you feel the maximum atmosphere of relaxation from the first step.
16. Use Durable Materials. Window treatments are a practical solution as they help hide from annoying neighbors and prevent direct sun rays. Choose proper curtains, which will be of higher quality and more durable than ordinary textiles. Also, pay attention to outdoor furniture that will be suitable for changes in temperature and weather conditions.
17. Creating Private Space. Such a decision on the interior design of the sunroom may not be obvious. We are talking about your personal bubble bath space! Combine the open and enclosed parts of the terrace. Therefore, you will not be seen if you do not want it. Add a light fixture to illuminate the room.
18. Children’s Playroom. The glass facade makes it easy to feel in the air and, at the same time, quite isolated. Sliding or folding partitions will be suitable. Arrange a home office or playroom for children there. And enjoy this place all year round!
19. Indoor Swimming Pool. Glass is a compromise between blank walls and open spaces. Such a covering can be made, for example, over the small pool in the backyard. You can safely swim, admire the surrounding landscapes, and poor weather conditions will not spoil your leisure time.
20. Home Library. You can safely place expensive furniture and decor in such a glass extension as a sunroom. In case of unexpected rain or departure, they will not need to be brought in or covered. Therefore, it is a good option for a home library. If there is no place for it in the living room or bedroom, consider arranging a reading area in the sunroom.
21. Outdoors Or Indoors Interiors. Among the sunroom options, there are many offers. Even a combined version for indoor and outdoor use. This sort of sunroom is not an extension but a transitional room between the house and nature. If the goal is to get more light and make the terrace airier, skylights are a good solution.
22. Rattan Furniture. Rattan is the most popular material for garden furniture. And this is not surprising! It combines relative durability, cheapness, lightness, and pleasing appearance. If this option would look a little strange in the living or dining rooms, feel free to place garden furniture in the sunroom.
23. Natural Light For Greenery. Dense foliage can play the role of a partition. An abundance of light will be beneficial if you choose the right plants. And if you make a transparent ceiling or install a skylight, you can count the stars in the sky and get a very sound sleep.
24. Al Fresco. Zoning techniques and little design tricks work for the garden room as well. Different shades of walls and floors visually divide the space. They help the guest understand where one functional part of the room ends and another begins.
Imagine having a substantial breakfast on this enclosed porch. A table with a lace tablecloth and candle holders adds a vintage touch to the space. It makes the process of eating especially enjoyable.
25. Bedroom With Glass Walls. For those who live in the countryside far from neighbors or behind a high fence, the option to make a bedroom in the sunroom may be ideal. Glass walls with a spectacular outside view will suit the interiors of any style. Feel free to add roman shades if the sun rays are too annoying.
26. Nature In Your House. Preserving nature is more important than all the terraces. Therefore, you should not cut down trees but build a sunroom around the plant. Now some specialists can easily cope with this task. To turn the room into a bright space, consider installing a transparent glass ceiling. An accent brick wall will add interest to such a place.
27. Perfect Party Spot. Have a real party in your sunroom! Hang an unusual light fixture or a disco ball in the middle of the ceiling to create an incredible mood. Place furniture of different colors and shapes to add uniqueness to the space.
28. Protection From Sunlight. The designer of this place decided to make a focal point with heavy drapes. And in the case of a transparent roof, they will still shade certain terrace areas. Looks fabulous, isn’t it?
29. Sunny Home Office. Have you ever noticed that the darker it is around, the more you want to sleep? To better concentrate on work and not get tired too quickly, move your home office to a sunroom. Leave the wall painted in basic white, place furniture made of natural materials, and let the sun play with the shadow. Thus, you will create a rather minimalistic yet stylish space.
30. Summer Kitchen. You can even arrange a summer kitchen on the terrace so that you can not only eat but also cook there. The trickiest way to equip such a room is to put sliding glass doors between the kitchen and the adjacent terrace. Notice how the designer of this place rearranged the frames, moved the furniture to the porch, and got a full-fledged summer kitchen.
No matter which sunroom option you choose. It is important that with the presence of such a place, your stay at home will become more pleasant and cozy. Enjoy every moment, nature, quality time with family and friends, and new experiences!