Despite the growing empowerment of women, you may still feel the pressure to be in relationships or even the shame for being single. But the relationship status doesn’t define you, nor is it a guarantee of happiness! These single life quotes will help you appreciate your solo journey and give yourself enough time to learn to love yourself instead of rushing into new relationships.
1. “Single is no longer a lack of options ― but a choice. A choice to refuse to let your life be defined by your relationship status but to live every day Happily and let your Ever After work itself out.” ― Mandy Hale
2. “Being single is getting over the illusion that there is somebody out there to complete you and taking charge of your own life.” ― Omkar Phatak
3. “The only ‘problem’ that most marriages have managed to solve is that of not being married.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
4. “I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not defined by another person.” – Oscar Wilde
5. “If you are fantasizing love, you are still single from within a heart no matter what your relationship status is.” – Pratik Akkawar
6. “A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.” – Mandy Hale
7. “If you really are going to be a happy single, you have to stop treating being single as the annoying time that you pass between relationships and embrace it. Rather than focusing on what you lack, focus on what you have: You.” – Natalie Lue
8. Single. Focused. Blessed. Living Life.
9. “I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.” – Robin Williams
10. “If you’re single, focus on being a better you instead of looking for someone better than your ex. A better you will attract a better next.” – Anonymous
11. “When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.” Elizabeth Gilbert
12. “Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it.” – John Mayer
13. “Singleness isn’t an excuse to take a back seat on life but an opportunity to wholeheartedly pursue your own purpose.” – Michael Todd
14. “Being single is about celebrating and appreciating your own space that you’re in.” – Kelly Rowland
15. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” – Maya Angelou
16. I was told I was dangerous. I asked why and they said: “Because you don’t need anyone.” That’s when I smiled.
17. “Love yourself first, because that’s who you’ll spend the rest of your life with.” – Anonymous
18. “I like being single. I’m always there when I need me.” – Art Leo
19. “I don’t need Prince Charming to have my own happy ending.” Katy Perry.
20. “Single is not a status. It is a word that describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others.” – Anonymous
21. “Sometimes I’m single means I’m drama free, less stressed, and refuse to settle for less.”
22. “Appreciate being single. Because that’s when you grow the most and with that growth, you come to know that you’re looking for.” – Daniel Goddard
23. “If you’re not happy single, you’re not gonna be happy married.” – Nick Vujicic
24. “Single isn’t better. But it’s definitely not less than either. It’s equally as nourishing and joyous an existence.” – Catherine Gray
25. “Being single is pretty good. It’s a nice sense of irresponsibility.” – Anonymous
26. “One of my favorite parts of being single is how I get to choose who I spend my time with, share my heart with, hang with, giggle with, call, dine across from.” — Tracee Ellis Ross
27. I am happy, because I’m single by choice, not by chance.
28. “It takes a strong person to remain single in a world that is accustomed to settling with anything just to say they have something.” – Anonymous
29. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” – Robert Morley
30. “Hope for love, pray for love, wish for love, dream for love but don’t put your life on hold waiting for love.” – Mandy Hale
31. “Being single doesn’t mean you’re weak. It means you’re strong enough to wait for what you deserve.” – Niall Horan
32. “Being single is definitely better than being with the wrong person.” – Hassan Choughari
33. “As a body, everyone is single. As a soul, never.” – Hermann Hesse
34. “Loneliness is not lack of company, loneliness is lack of purpose.” – Guillermo Maldonado.
35. “Being single is about celebrating and appreciating your own space that you’re in.” – Kelly Rowland
36. “I don’t need a man to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we’ll ever have is the one with ourselves.” – Shirley MacLaine
37. “Too many women throw themselves into romance because they’re afraid of being single.” – Julie Deply
38. “If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you’re always going to be disappointed.” – Madonna
39. “Being single doesn’t necessarily mean you’re available. Sometimes you have to put up a sign that says “Do Not Disturb” on your heart.” – Wiz Khalifa
40. “Being with no one is better than being with the wrong one. Sometimes those who fly solo have the strongest wings.” – Nitya Prakash.
41. “It seemed to me that the desire to get married — which, I regret to say, I believe is basic and primal in women — is followed almost immediately by an equally basic and primal urge, which is to be single again.” — Nora Ephron
42. “Too many girls rush into relationships because of the fear of being single, then start making compromises, and losing their identity. Don’t do that.” – Katy Perry
43. “I love being single. It’s almost like being rich.” – Sue Grafton.
44. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
45. “You don’t have to be part of a couple to be happy, you know.” ― Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
46. “There is no need to rush. If something is meant to be, it’ll happen at the right time, with the right person, and for the best reason.” – Anonymous
47. “It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit.” – Eartha Kitt
48. S.I.N.G.L.E = Strong, Independent, Noticeable, Generous, Loving, Enlightened.
49. “Learn to be alone and to like it. There is nothing more empowering or freeing than learning to like your own company.” – Mandy Hale.
Funny Single Life Quotes
Need a few witty and funny quotes to retort some piercing comments on your relationship status? Here are the best ones that will make you feel liberated and proud of being single.
50. “I’ve been single for a while and I have to say, it’s going very well. Like…it’s working out. I think I’m the one.” – Emily Heller
51. When someone asks me why I’m still single: I guess I’m overqualified!
52. Instead of single as a relationship status, I prefer “Independently owned and operated.”
53. “I call it being self-partnered.” — Emma Watson
54. A wise woman once said. Fu*k that thing… And she lived happily ever after!
55. S.I.N.G.L.E. = Stress Is Now Gone Life’s Easier
56. Just because I’m single, it doesn’t, mean I’m alone. I have food and internet.
57. Relationship Status: Sleeping in my bed diagonally.
58. Current Relationship Status: Made dinner for two, ate both.
59. Single bells, single bells, single all the way. Oh, what fun it is to see couples fight all day, Hey!
60. Be with someone that makes you happy.
Hope these being singe quotes have been just what you needed to hear today. Don’t hesitate to share the images showing your being single attitude is social media, and if you need more support on the way, consider printing out the quote you like most as a poster or a cover page of your diary.