Whether you are expectant or seasoned parents, we bet you would love to create beautiful keepsakes to remember your lil’ one’s milestones. A unique monthly baby photo shoot is an awesome way to commemorate your innocent infant turning into a charming toddler.
Adorable Baby Milestones Photos for Your Inspiration
We’ve raked all over the web to find the most adorable baby’s monthly picture ideas for you, from simple classic concepts that don’t require any props to creative monthly baby picture ideas that will unleash your imagination. Scroll down to find baby milestone ideas and professional tips on creating images that will make you go ‘Awwwww!’.
1. Growing in the Parents’ Arms. Experience how your baby grows from cozily fitting in two hands to demanding a little extra effort to lift and hold them for the month-to-month baby pic. If it’s the mom who’s posing for the picture with the baby, you can also include a pregnancy picture in the sequence. Ask the parent to hold the hands in the same position to capture the baby’s growth.
2. Newborn Monthly Pictures on a Butcher Paper. Not a crafty one but looking to pull off a unique monthly baby photo shoot? Simple materials you can fetch in your household can be as creative as custom-made solutions. Simply roll out a wall-mounted butcher paper roll, write the month in fancy handwriting, and hold your baby up for the unique monthly baby photo shoot.
3. Candid Baby Milestones Photos in Black and White. Not everyone decides to stage their baby milestone pictures or dress them up with props. Candid black-and-white pictures capturing baby’s everyday activities – from swift magical sleep to drooling over a teething ring – can speak a million words. Let the baby decide what they want to do on their special day, and you can indulge in being a photographer for a day.
4. Using Jumbo Egg Carton for the Shots. Objects with a dozen of sections or parts prompt simple but brilliant 1-to-12-month baby photo ideas! Take this jumbo egg carton for instance. In an easy move, fill up a dimple with one egg for each month the baby has reached.
5. Baby Monthly Pictures with Numbered Cakes. Need a few sweet baby monthly picture ideas? How about a numbered cake? They are bright and mouth-watering and don’t require additional props for an amazing photo. A soft backdrop in natural colors will work best for this kind of shot. Add a nice finishing touch with the baby’s clothes in the complementing color palette.
6. Laundry Basket Shoot. Laundry baskets are snug and cute everyday objects your newborn baby will effortlessly fit in. As an infant transforms into a toddler, you can see how much they have grown until they totally outgrow the basket by the end of the year. An adorable bassinet or a Moses basket are viable alternatives for laundry baskets and make fantastic baby’s monthly picture ideas.
7. Monthly Baby Photos with a Chalkboard. Keep track of the baby’s achievements and changes in interest with a cute chalkboard. Use chalk markers or chalkboard paint to showcase the baby’s height and weight, along with their likes and dislikes. It’s also a fun way to mark important milestones, like ditching the swaddles or celebrating the first tooth. Sweet little drawings and amazing handwriting will create a true keepsake you will want to return to years and years after.
8. Monthly Banners. If you want baby monthly photo ideas that are fuss-free and modern, opt for monthly banners or pennants. They are easy to find in stores or DIY at home if you have a knack for crafts and arts. Just pick a comfy spot and lay out or hang the banners on a solid color background.
9. Digitally Created Month to Month Baby Pics. Can’t be bothered to prep the props, color coordinate the outfits, and rack your brain for baby milestone ideas? Download a photo editing app and create amazing baby milestone pictures in a snap. Add pictures and customizable text, enter into a holiday spirit with seasonal greetings, or create infographics displaying your little one’s progress.
10. Milestone Pictures Ideas with Wooden Milestone Signs or Stickers. If you are leaning towards eco-chic aesthetics, baby monthly pictures with wooden milestone signs are a perfect pick. Go for a neutral color palette in creamy-beige pastel colors for the background, blanket, your baby’s clothes, and props.
11. Using Balloons. Nothing fills adults and kids alike with sheer joy more than seeing the brightly colored fun of balloons. They add color and texture to your picture and help you create a storyline. You can either choose a single numbered balloon or subtly count the months by adding another balloon to the picture.
12. Holidays of the First Year Theme. Celebrate the holidays of the year with your bundle of joy in a unique monthly baby photo shoot. January through December, each month offers a seasonal festival that can inspire the theme of the baby milestones photos. Go all in with adorable costumes, elaborate decorations, and fancy layouts. Turn these images into the sweetest seasonal greetings postcards for your family.
13. Pizza Boxes. This is one piece of a yummy baby monthly photoshoot ideas! Put your food photography skills to use with a set of flat-lay snapshots of your little precious in a pizza box. Add one slice of pizza to celebrate getting one month older. The best part? You get to eat the whole pizza anyway! Parenting is fun!
14. Baby Milestones Photos with a Decorative Frame. Add a loveable touch to your home decor with a nice photo board that displays all the baby milestones photos. Create a collage of the beautiful memories and experiences this year has brought for you and your baby. The beauty of this frame is that it can double as a noticeboard. It makes a fantastic first birthday gift.
15. Jumbo Calendar. When you can’t decide what to list for your baby shower, you can’t go wrong with a milestone blanket featuring a jumbo calendar. With hundreds of themes and designs, you are sure to find charming monthly birthday ideas for your baby girl or boy. The same background picture will let you see how your child grows. Use pretty props to indicate the baby’s age in the photo.
16. “Doughnut Grow Up” Baby Milestone Pictures. Yum, yum, yum! Donuts are a delightful way to mark a new month that has passed for your sweet dud. Just like with a pizza concept, add one piece of cream-filled confection for each month. A great way to sweeten that bittersweet feeling of seeing your baby grow with cute monthly baby picture ideas.
17. Baby Monthly Pictures in Numbered Onesies. If you want monthly baby photo ideas that are tasteful and straightforward, consider numbered stickers. You can print and cut them out to have them at the ready every time you reach a new milestone. Or explore what the market of ready-made options has to offer. Single-colored onesies and a neutral backdrop work best for this type of shot.
18. Flower Floral Numbers Monthly Birthday Ideas for Baby Girl. Underline the tender beauty of your baby girl through monthly birthday ideas in full bloom. Leaves, twigs, and even berries and fruit will make an interesting addition to the seasonal composition. Any nature-lover is sure to appreciate such flourishing baby monthly photo ideas. You can either opt for real or artificial flowers. With the latter, you can reuse the florals for further designs.
19. Fabric Backgrounds. There’s a bounty of newborn monthly photo ideas with fabrics! Except for the milestone blankets, you can use your baby’s comfort blanket. We are sure both the blanket and the photos will hold sentimental value for your child when they grow up. Sewing buffs can go for brightly colored patterned fabrics that are different for each month.
20. Month to Month Baby Photos in a Chair. Sitting your little nugget in the same chair is one of the easiest baby’s monthly picture ideas, but not less lovely! It’s a fun way to trace your child’s growth and see how they develop. Use a pillow to give extra support to a newborn. Their favorite stuffed animal will add a sweet touch to the monthly photo.
21. Creative Monthly Baby Photo Ideas with a Scene for Each Shot. Turn your baby into a superhero, a woodland fairy, or a cute leprechaun with these fantastic baby’s monthly picture ideas. If you love setting up scenery and staging your photoshoot, these creative photos of baby milestones are definitely your gig. If your wee tot gets easily overwhelmed with a new setting, opt for a unique monthly baby photo shoot featuring numbers made of everyday objects. Make sure to use different objects each time!
Tips for Creating a Milestone Baby Photoshoot That Will Melt Your Heart
Adopt these practices to become an apt baby photographer:
- Never leave your baby unattended. It’s a good idea to have a spare pair of hands to dangle a toy, smooth the folds on the blanket, or just keep an eye on the baby while you fetch some last-minute things.
- Look for the right light. The even spread of natural lighting is ideal for well-lit images. Open the blinds or move pieces of furniture if you have to. Where there’s no good source of daylight, go for a studio ring light. In any case, make sure there are no harsh shadow lines.
- Use props that help the baby pose. Make sure the pieces of the scenery are durable and stable, easy for the baby to sit on or grab onto. Put pillows to help them sit up. Use their favorite toys to keep them focused.
- Set a reminder. All worked up with the daily grind? Set a recurring monthly reminder of the upcoming photo shoot.
- You are the secret ingredient. It’s not the right angle or lighting that makes a perfect shot. This is when beauty really is in the eyes of the beholder. Take your pictures with love and they will be prized forever.
We fervently hope that in this post you have found baby’s monthly picture ideas that speak to your heart. Whatever you choose from baby milestone picture ideas, remember to have fun as you set out on a year-long journey of love and care with your baby. Make the most of your parenthood experience!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Take Baby Milestone Photos?
Your little pumpkin’s first year will go by really fast! Capture the treasured moments before they are gone forever. We are sure you and your kid will cherish these sentimental keepsakes when they are older.
How Do I Take DIY Baby Milestone Photos?
Keep a keen eye on how your baby develops to celebrate every little milestone. Your baby’s first bath or tooth deserves as much dedication as the baby's monthly pictures.
Should I Hire a Photographer for Baby Milestones Photos?
You may decide to book a professional photographer to document your child’s growth. However, some moments, like a first y unique monthly baby photo shoot awn or smile, are hard to plan beforehand. Keep a camera handy for these precious little moments.